The District Magistrate,
Subject : Request to arrest the main culprit of brutal gang rape and murder of anganwadi helper in a temple in Badaun, UP and speedy justice in the case
India Federation of Anganwadi Workers and Helpers (AIFAWH), the biggest trade union federation of anganwadi workers and helpers in the country, is deeply shocked at the gang rape and aghast murder of Anganwadi helper in the in Ughaiti police station area in Badaun district, UP. A Delegation of AIFAWH met the bereaved family and the community in the village. We want to share our observations to you.
It is very pathetic that the main culprit, priest of the temple Satynarayan managed to flee from police and administration of the area.
We met the bereaved family and the local community today. They have confirmed the media reports about anti women attitude of the local police. Considering the poor conviction rates of the rape cases, especially in UP, we would like to request you to take personal interest and see the following demands are met.
- Immediate arrest of the main culprit, MahantSatynarayan.
- Immediate termination of the station office
- Adequate Compensation to the family and job to her dependents
- Ensure safety of the family of the woman
- Proper legal assistance to be provided to the family
- Punish all those in Police and administration who are guilty for the delay in dealing with the case.
- Gender sensitization of the Police and administration of UP must be undertaken immediately.
The murdered woman was a government servant and the government of UP must take full responsibility to deliver justice to her.
We, the undersigned hope your quick action in ensuring justice to the departed anganwadi helper.
( A R Sindhu) (Usha Rani) (Veena Gupta)
General Secretary President Secretary