Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Women & Child Development
Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi-1
1. The Secretaries in charge of Departments dealing with ICDS in all States/UTs.
2. The Directors in charge of ICDS in all States/UTs
Sub: Recommendations of the National Committee to Review Benefits and Facilities provided to anganwadi Workers and Helpers under ICDS Scheme – actions suggested for the States Governments/UT Administration regarding.
1. As you are aware, the Department had constituted a National Committee to Review Benefits and Facilities provided to Anganwadi Workers and Helpers under ICDS Scheme. The Report of the Committee has been since received and examined by the Department.
2. The Committee has made various recommendations, which inter alia includes many recommendations to be considered by the State Governments for implementation. The recommendations which require consideration by the State Governments are as follows: -
(a) State/UT Governments should contribute some monetary incentive to these workers for the additional work assigned to the Anganwadi Workers and Helpers under various schemes and programmes.
(b) `Anganwadi Workers and Helpers Welfare Fund’ may be set up by the State/UT Governments at the State/UT level out of the contribution from workers/helpers and State/UT Governments.
(c) State/UT Governments should provide Group Insurance facilities to Anganwadi Workers and Helpers.
(d) The honorary contribution in Anganwadi Centres by Anganwadi Workers and Helpers should be treated as additional qualifications for recruitment as Primary School Teachers, ANMs and other such village based positions. Specific quota for recruitment in these positions may be fixed up.
3. It is requested that the above mentioned recommendations of the Committee may be considered and implemented by the State Governments/UT Administrations. A report in this regard may be sent to this Department at an early date.
4. Receipt of the letter may please be acknowledged.
Deputy Secretary to Govt. of India